Check out some of the photos from this years Cul camp over in our photos section.
Our U8 team travelled to participate in the monster blitz hosted by Killeagh recently. Due to a scheduling mix up we were unable to play Cobh but we did play extended matches against teams from St Catherine’s and Kiltha Óg, winning both games. Our boys performed magnificently in both games much to the delight of the coaches and parents who attended. These lads are really showing the benefits of the hard work they have been putting in at training and can look forward to many more good days out if they keep this up. It was great to travel away from the city to play against new opposition. The weather, the performance of the players and the great support from parents all contributed to a very satisfying morning. Thank you to all involved especially Garda Seán O’Dwyer who drove the team bus.
We entered two teams in the U9 football blitz hosted by Ballincollig recently with each team playing 3 matches against clubs mainly from the Muskerry division. Our lads played brilliantly, only losing out in one of the 6 matches played. The boys really enjoyed the games and the next blitz cannot come soon enough for them. It is great to see them putting into practice the skills they are learning at training. Their coach, Gerry, was very impressed and pleased with the players as were the parents and other mentors who attended. Special thanks to Alan O’Farrell who stepped into the breach at short notice and to the parents who provided transport and excellent support on the day.
Our coaches organised a number of blitzes between teams from St Patricks, Gaelscoil an Ghoirt Álainn and CBC who travelled to the Tank Field during school hours to participate. These blitzes were a great success with over 150 children participating. The weather conditions were kind to us and all games went off very smoothly and according to plan. The teachers, children and parents all enjoyed their day out immensely and were very complimentary to the club for arranging it. Great credit is due to Liz, Dan and Damien for making these events a great success. We hope to see many of the children who took part join us for further coaching and games throughout the rest of the year.
The club Cúl camp will run again for two weeks this August. This has been a great success in recent years with good numbers of boys and girls attending. Kellog’s Cereals are running a special promotion this year that gives clubs hosting Cúl camps the chance to win €5,000 worth of gear. Please see special cereal packages for details and help us be in with a chance to win one of these prizes if you can. For anyone who is interested in booking a place in the camp please contact Liz on 089-0308909 for further details.
Last weekend was a very busy one for our Academy players, coaches and parents despite the fact that many players were unavailable due to communions that were taking placay.
On Saturday morning, May 8th, our U8 team travelled to St Vincents to take part in their first Rebel Óg football blitz of the year. On what was a dreadful day for football they played teams from Nemo, Shamrocks and Whitechurch in a constant downpour. Our lads performed brilliantly and the coaches were more than satisfied with their performance in all of the games they played. These boys are really showing the benefits of regular coaching and we expect to see evidence of their further development throughout the year at the upcoming blitzes in both hurling and football. Well done to all involved and a special thank you to the parents who helped with transport and supported the boys in the rain.
Our U11s traineay and travelled to Whitechurc ay morning to take part in the annual John Kerins football tournament. We were drawn in a group with Blarney, Mayfield and Whitechurch. The players did themselves and the club proud with their performances and the coaches and mentors were delighted with them all. This team will continue to play in the U11 hurling and football leagues throughout the rest of the year and we are sure to see the rewards of their hard work and coaching as the year progresses.
U5s,U6s and U7s had coaching as usuaay morning and it is great to see the increasing numbers of boys attending and enjoying these sessions on a weekly basis. More boys are always welcome of course.
On Monday night our U16s played Kiltha Óg in the football league at the Tank Field and recorded an excellent victory on a score line of 6-5 to 4-4. This team has improved immeasurably since the start of the year and great credit is due to the coaches, Damien, Dan and Kieran and the players for the way in which they have applied themselves to date. This teams progress so far has been very encouraging and we have no doubt that the players will improve further if they keep up the good work. The team will continue to compete in the U16 hurling and football leagues and championships for the remainder of the year.
The next few months are likely to be both extremely busy and enjoyable for the Academy with blitzes at various age groups, tournaments, leagues and championships in both hurling and football all to be contested. Anyone who is available and wants to lend a hand in developing the club’s young talent would be more than welcome.
F/R Ben Creed-Daly, Ollie Creed-Daly, Peter Brennan, Kyle Cronin, Micheal Forde.
Peter Brennan displaying his pick up technique
Want to keep the kids occupied over the Easter holidays?
Brian Dillons GAA Academy Easter Camp for boys and girls will run fromon 29th to 31st March.
The cost is €30 per child and promises to be great fun for all. Please contact Liz on 086-0308909 to book your place.
Training for boys born 2000/2001(U16) and 2002/2003 (U14) takes place Every Tuesday Evening @6pm Tank Field.
Good numbers are attending and we are looking forward to the season ahead.
Our 1st match is an U16 Football game this Sunday, March 6th @12.30 in the Tank Field - all support more than welcome!
· All boys born in 2011 are now eligible to join the Academy and we would love to see as many new faces as possible joining in the fun every Saturday at 11am. If you know of anyone who might be interested please let them know.
· A Parents coaching workshop will be held at the club on Wednesday 17th Feb at 7pm. This short workshop will show parents how they can help their child to practice and improve their GAA skills. It will also explain how anyone who is interested can assist with coaching in the Academy or in pursuing further coaching education.
· Our Annual Registration Day on Sat March 5th at 11am. All players and parents are requested to attend. The Academy shop will also be open on the day selling club gear and equipment. The annual registration fee for 2016 is just €40 for the year (discounts available for families) and each boy registering on the day will receive a FREE club training top.
· Club Race Night is on Friday March 11th at 8pm. This will be a great evening and we encourage all Academy members, friends and parents to support this event and to bring their friends and family to the club on the night to make it as much fun as possible. Funds raised from this event will be used to support Academy activities for the year.
The Academy year kicked off again last weekend.
Please note the following Upcoming events and dates for your diary:
· Academy coaching will continue each at for boys aged 5-10. Regular players, new players and former players who we may not have seen for a while are all very welcome to join in the fun.
· Parents coaching workshop at the club on Wednesday 17th Feb at 7pm. This workshop will show parents how they can help their child to practice and improve their GAA skills.
· Annual Registration Day on Sat March 5th at 11am. All players and parents are requested to attend. Each boy registering will receive a club training top. The Academy shop will also be open on the day selling club gear and equipment.
· Club Race Night is on Friday March 11th at 8pm. This will be a great evening and we encourage all Academy members and parents to bring their friends and family to support this fun event. The funds raised will be used to support Academy activities for the year.
We are taking orders this week for the new club training tops and hoodies. Please phone Liz on 086-0308909.
Liz will also be at the coaching sessionsto take orders and payment.
**Orders must be placed with the supplier this week to make sure we have them in time for Christmas.**
Kids up to age 11 €35
Teenagers & Adults €45
Our U8’s who participated in a football blitz recently at Whites Cross GAA playing against Bishopstown, St Finbarrs and Whites Cross.
Thanks to Seanie O’Dwyer, Enda O’Dwyer, Seanie Barry, Jamie O’Connor, Ryan Burns, Alan O’Farrell and Chris Daly who looked after the boys and to all the parents who came out and supported them. More blitzes in hurling and football to come over the next few weeks
Back L to R: Luke O’Keeffe, Jack Lucey, Robbie McNicholas, Micheál Forde, Jayden Gahan, Logan da Costa
Front L to R: Kenneth Monaher, Ollie Daly, Lily Barry, Ben Daly, Samuel Kumurkiewiz, Fionn Cronin.
On Saturday morning April 18th our Under 8 team represented Brian Dillons Academy in the MONSTER BLITZ hosted by Passage GAA Club. We had an excellent turnout from our young players for their first outing of the year, a tyers participated which resulted in us fielding 2 competitive teams. Each of our teams played 3 games against other clubs including St. Vincent's, Whites Cross, and our hosts Passage. Both of our teams performed admirably, and demonstrated a good level of skill and great sportsmanship. All the hard work on Saturday mornings was evident and we look forward to our next outing in the coming weeks.
A special word of thanks to the fantastic turnout from all of the parents who attended and cheered us on from the sidelines and provided assistance with the teams. It made for a great family occasion and we look forward to seeing you all again on future outings.
The players would also like to thank Garda Enda O'Dwyer for providing the Mayfield Garda Community bus for the morning.
The future stars who lined out for Brian Dillons were as follows: Kyle Cronin, Micheál Forde, Fionn Cronin, Jayden Gahan, Chris Johnson, Elijah Storey, Ben Creed-Daly, Ollie Creed-Daly, Rory Ryan, Sean Ring, Jack Lucey, Robbie McNicholas, Peter Brennan, David Buckley, Samuel Kumurkiewicz, Kenneth Monaher, Devon Gibson.